- Leafy Greens of your choice.
- An apple cored and cut (Fuji, Braeburn or Eve would be perfect)
- Cheese cubed, feta, blue or something with a bit of bite – I went for a German Emmental (Swiss Cheese)
- Walnuts – honeyed (below)
- Red Pepper for colour
*The last two ingredients can be omitted and substituted for dried cherries or similar
- 2 TBL Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 TBL Good Quality Maple Syrup
- Juice from a whole lime
- 2 TBL Honey
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- dash water
Coat the Walnuts in the above and cook them in a pan for a few minutes – they will candy, don’t let them go too far and burn, they will be bitter. Wait for them to cool slightly and place them on top of the salad.
Chuck it all together and voila!