- 2 c. arborio or carnaroli rice
- 5 c. chicken or vegetable stock
- 50 g butter
- 450 g butternut pumpkin (squash), peeled and finely diced
- 12 slices pancetta
- 3/4 c. finely grated parmesan cheese
- cracked black pepper and sea salt
- 1 tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 205 ºC.
- Place the rice, stock, butter and pumpkin in an ovenproof dish and cover tightly with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the rice is soft – the risotto will be quite liquid.
- While the risotto is cooking, place the pancetta under the broiler and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until crisp. Set aside.
- Add the parmesan, pepper, salt and parsley to the risotto and stir for 2 minutes to thicken it.
To serve, place in serving bowls and top with the pancetta. Serves 2 as a main dish.