- 2 Cups of Stock (either Vegetable or Chicken stock)
- 750g Pumpkin – chopped
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Milk (optional)
- Chop Pumpkin up into small cubes. The idea is to cut the pumpkin as small as you can so you don’t have to boil the taste and goodness out of it. Add to a large soup pot.
- Chop Onion and garlic and add to the pot – they can be chunky as you will blitz the soup later on.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer, simmer until the pumpkin is just cooked.
- Drain the liquid and put aside.
- Blitz the pumpkin, onion and garlic in a food processor until smooth, add as much of the cooking liquid as you need. You may prefer to add some milk for a creamier soup.
- Return to the pot and heat through, add nutmeg and salt/pepper to taste. DO NOT BOIL.
Serve with a swirl of sour cream with bread or store in the fridge/freezer.