- 500 g dry macaroni
- 1 quantity of béchamel sauce
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 150 g bacon, chopped
- 2 1/2 C grated cheese, tasty is the best
- 3-4 T sweet chili sauce (or 1 T of pepper sauce)
- 1/3 c breadcrumbs (or wheetbix crumbs)
- Put a large pot of water on to boil, once boiling add the macaroni and cook till al dente, drain
- Preheat oven to 180ºC, grease an oven-proof shallow dish
- In a saucepan fry off the onions and bacon until the onion is translucent and the bacon is cooked through and starting to go golden, set aside
- In the same saucepan (so you don’t waste any of that yummy bacony/oniony flavor) make a quantity of the bechamel sauce. Make sure you taste the sauce, if you prefer more chili or seasoning, now is the time to add it.
- Once the sauce is done, add 1 cup of grated cheese, the chili sauce, bacon and onion and stir through
- If you pot is big enough tip the pasta into the sauce, if not, do it the other way around, stir through.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with breadcrumbs
- Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.