Thrice cooked oven friesLoosely based on Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsay’s Oven fries recipes, these are the yummiest home made oven fries you’ll make. You ARE essentially cooking them three times, but the great colour and awesome crunch you get with a soft fluffy centre are SO worth it.
- Rice bran oil
- seasoning (salt, pepper and chicken stock)
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1.5 x 1.5 cm diameter strips. Try and make them as close the the same size as you can
- Par boil them (for about four minutes), so they are still firm, don’t let them go mushy.
- Drain and cool in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Pre heat oven to 180ºC
- Heat some rice bran oil in a frying pan, and fry until they get a little bit of colour.
- Season and place in a single layer in a roasting pan. Season
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until they are just golden brown.