Black Bean Burgers
- 2 (400g) tins black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 5 tsp cumin
- 1 C dried breadcrumbs
** you could add other veggies to beef it up i.e.; mushrooms, spring onions, grated zucchini or carrot.
- Drain and rinse off the black beans. Make sure you get rid of all the brine.
- Mash the beans in a large mixing bowl until almost a paste – you want to get rid of most of the chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients into the paste and mix thoroughly.
- Divide into 8 portions and make the patties. I use my tupperware patty maker to ensure a nice firm patty. Freeze
- Cook by one of two methods (I prefer method 1);
- Heat some oil in a pan over a med-high heat and cook on each side for around 8-10 minutes, or on a BBQ Plate
- Preheat oven to 180°C, line a baking try with paper and cook on each side for around 10 minutes