EggnogYou really can’t beat it, and even though it seems a bit odd to be having Eggnog in the southern Hemisphere at this time of the year, there’s just something about the creamy boozy taste that you just can’t leave alone.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 480 ml full fat milk
- 1 cup cream
- 100 ml bourbon
- 100 ml brandy
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (or a good shake of ground)
- 4 egg whites
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color.
- Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar and continue to beat until it is completely dissolved.
- Add the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks.
- With the mixer still running gradually add the 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the egg whites into the mixture. Chill and serve. (you may need to give it a good stir just before serving). Serve with a dollop of cream and nutmeg on top