- 5 egg whites
- 1 c castor sugar
- 1 heaped tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract with seeds
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 c chocolate chips
- cocoa for dusting
- Preheat an oven to 120ºC, line two baking trays with baking paper, set aside.
- Beat egg whites until very thick
- rain in the sugar, a third at a time
- add the corn flour and continue beating. add the vinegar and the vanilla. Make sure the mixture is very stiff
- using half the mixture, pipe stalks onto the baking tray by making a base and pulling the piping bag upwards – you want the stalk to be approx. 5 cm high.
- using the remaining mixture pipe Mushroom tops, making sure you make the same amount as you have stalks.
- bake in the oven for about 20 minutes , then turn off the oven and let them dry
- Once they are cooled, melt the chocolate in either a double boiler or the microwave. Dip the top of the stalks in melted chocolate and then place a mushroom lid on top. Keep going until they are all assembled.
- Dust with cocoa