Lee’s BerrymisuI LOVE tiramisu, I will almost always order it off a menu when out, but sometimes it’s nice for a change, and really, who can resist making a beautiful dessert with berries, lady fingers, cream and mascarpone?
- 2 C berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 C berry liqueur (or Cointreau if you don’t have any)
- 500g Mascarpone
- 300 ml cream
- 1 T Cointreau
- 1/2 tangelo juiced
- 1/3 C Cointreau
- 1 T vanilla extract with seeds
- 1 packet of lady fingers
- Chocolate for sprinkling on top
- Soak the berries in the berry liqueur for around 15 minutes
- Whip the cream and vanilla to soft peaks. Fold in the mascarpone cheese and the first T of the cointreau
- Juice the tangelo and add the second measure of cointreau, set aside
- Place enough lady fingers to make one layer in your dish on a plate, and lightly wet with the juice and cointreau mix. Allow to soak for a minute
- Spread the lady fingers over the bottom of your dish. Top with a third of the berry mix and then the cheese mix. Soak more lady fingers and keep layering your mixes, finishing with the cheese.
- Cover and chill for as long as you can. Four-six hours at least, overnight is better
- Just before you are ready to serve, remove from the fridge and sprinkle with the chocolate.