- 3 tsp active dried yeast
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 C high grade flour
- 1 1/4 C warm water
- 2 T olive oil
- around 1 C grated tasty cheese
- Put everything into a bowl and mix with your hand until it comes together
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and start kneading. As you knead the dough will start to come together better and smooth out. The dough will be a bit wet and stick to your hands, but this is part of the fun. If you feel it’s too wet add a little flour. If you prefer you can used latex gloves to knead. Knead for approx 10 minutes
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with gladwrap and leave in a warm draught-free space for about 20 minutes. It will start to rise.
- You need to knock the dough back twice. This means, once it starts to increase in volume, knead it again for a few minutes and then place it back in the covered bowl.
- After the second knock back, leave the dough to rise for about 30 minutes – you’ll be left with a nice silky dough.
- Shape the dough how you would like, either a boule, log or twist. I like to do mine in a log shape and cut a slit down the middle. Let it rise for around 20-30 minutes until it’s increased in volume, by about 2/3.
- Pre heat the oven to 200ºC.
- Once the dough has risen mound the cheese on top. Place in the bottom third of the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool and enjoy.