Lee’s Breakfast BarsI’m all about making this as easy as I can. I prefer to grab a bag of yummy toasted muesli, but if you prefer you can substitute the muesli for cups of oats, seeds and fruit, and toast them before adding them to the mix
- 6 cups of toasted muesli (I use a bulk bag from Moore Wilson’s)
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C honey
- 3/4 C of Pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 C Cranberries (dried)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Melt the sugar and the honey in a saucepan and bring to a boil for 1 minute, be careful it doesn’t burn on the bottom, make sure you give it a good stir.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the liquid and stir well
- Press into a greased slice tin. Place a piece of baking paper on top and press firmly with your hand or the back of the spoon. The paper will stop the mixture from sticking to your hands
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Leave to cool, then cut into 16 bars with a knife.
These will keep in an airtight container for a week, unless you eat them before then 🙂
- Add 1/2 C chocolate chips before cooking
- Mix in 1 tsp ground coffee beans before baking