Chocolate Covered Rice Bubble Squares on a StickA fresh swing on a retro kiwi classic
- 1 1/2 bags of Marshmallows (white and pink)
- 70 gms butter
- 6 C rice bubbles
- 200 gms white chocolate
- ice block sticks
- Melt butter in a saucepan, ensuring not to burn
- When butter is almost melted, add the marshmallows and stir constantly until it resembles a thick cream, careful not to let it catch on the bottom
- Remove from heat and add the rice bubbles and stir until combined.
- Tip into a greased lamington/slice tin and press down
- Leave to cool. When just about cooled, cut into rectangles and insert ice block stick at one end. If the rice bubble fall away, press them back into shape around the stick.
- Melt white chocolate in either a double boiler (bowl above a saucepan of boiling water) or in 1 minute bursts in the microwave on medium power.
- When rice bubbles have set, dip each one in white chocolate, and place on some foil to set.
These keep in an airtight container for up to a week (if they last that long)