- 2 Cups all – purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 Cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Chuck cookie dough in the fridge for about an hour. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a a time, or grab tufts and roll balls and press onto the prepared cookie sheets. Leave enough space between dough – you should be able to fit 12 onto a baking sheet max
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Don’t stress out if the insides still feel soft and undercooked, they will firm up and develop a beautiful chewy texture.