- 1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 eggs, large
- 20 small Medjool dates, pitted (or pitted dates from a packet)
- 1 espresso shot
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chunky chopped + 1/4 cup finely chopped Whittakers Chocolate (I prefer 62 – 80 % – this would be dependant on how rich and bitey you like it)
- 1 TB Honey
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line 8 x 8 square baking dish with baking paper.
- Add all ingredients, except chocolate, to food processor and process until smooth. Add 1/2 cup chocolate and stir to mix. Pour batter into baking dish, top with 1/4 cup chocolate and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let brownies cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely before slicing. Cut into 16 squares.
Storage Instructions: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.